Friday, March 21, 2008

Snowing


We have been waking up to snow in the past few days. Today it snowed most of the day and Susan was aware of it, being able to watch it through her window. We have had to increase the morphine to control the comfort and pain level. So she remains comfortable and pain free. A close friend (Cindy) put on a Hawaiian Luau dinner for us at the hospital. It was a good memorable time for the family. Complete with Hawaiian music and leis. We took a picture, Susan was pretty tired. God continues to give us quality family time with Susan. She makes us laugh sometimes. She can still be pretty funny in a clever way. Time is shorter, we see a degradation each day. The children have had some nice time for acceptance. Trying to keep them busy with some of their own activities, like school, sports, AWANA games (tomorrow, Saturday), etc. This of course with the help of friends. Thank you.


"This is the day that the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
Everyday is a blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Vetsch family,
My friend, Ruth, just sent me the link to this blog, and I'm so thankful to be able to express in this way my admiration of your overcoming faith! I'm reading Edith Scheaffer's book, Affliction, and have been reminded again of Romans 8 and its triumphant ending assuring us that NOTHING can separate us from His amazing love. You are radiating His love as you pour out your love on Susan, and on all of us as we view your faces in the photos. My prayers are with you, along with hundreds of others, and I do thank you for being willing to share so openly with those who love you.
HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!
Joan Broughton

Anonymous said...

Mom, Thank you for still showing us God, through the mist of all your pain. You are such a strong woman. Thank you for still fighting for us. Mom, well done good and faithful servant!

Anonymous said...

Dear Vetsch Family,
I've been praying deeply that she's going to be ok. I've been thinking aboutj her so many times. I am very close to one of them in the family. I love this family so much and hope you can get through the tough times.

my prayers are with all of you.