Friday, March 14, 2008

A Good Night

We had a great Thursday evening at the hospital in a lobby near Susan's room. The room has a large wrap around sofa which we filled up and we all watched some Vetsch Family home videos. We watched some scenes of Susan dancing with Sarah on Christmas 1988, when Sarah was 10 months old. She was really getting into the music. Very youthful. Susan and the rest had a good laugh and memory over that one. Some other special video memories of backyard activities. So the evening was a good one. Susan had a very good night's sleep waking at 0800 am. So the morning was a very good one for Susan, writing some more on the Love Letters and spending one on one with some of the younger kids. She will take a nap this afternoon and early evening. This has been a very good day. On our quiet time this morning......

'A person doesn't know the Joy of the Lord in spite of tribulation, But because of it.' The Apostle Paul said, "I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation." 2 Corinthians 7:4
The undiminished radiance, which is the result of abundant joy, is not built on anything passing, but on the love of God that nothing can change. And the experiences of life, whether they are everyday events or terrifying ones, are powerless to "separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord' (Romans 8:39)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I come here to check and see how your doing daily. YOu are amazing my friend. I love to see the pictures of you enjoying your family, you look beautiful as always. I just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and praying for you daily.
Love,
Angela

Unknown said...

Hey Doug, I am not sure If you got my e-mail I sent a few days ago so I'll just post it here. Sending much love from overseas - Josh



Hey Uncle Doug and family,
It's josh, how's it goin?? I'm alright myself. I'm In Iraq, been since the beginning of December. I just went to Susan's blogspot and read up on the updates. I want her to know she's an inspiration to me. Also, that I'm praying for the entire familiy. I can't emphasize how much seeing Susan's incredible attitude toward the cancer makes me realize that there can be joy in absolutely anything thrown at you. Please send my love to Susan! Also send my love the the entire family, I haven't seen you all in so long! =\ Could I possibly get a family picture sent over the internet? That would be great, thanks in advance. =D I'll write something a little more longer when it's not so extremely early in the morning, have an amazing day!

With much love, Josh Vetsch

Anonymous said...

Doug,Susan, and family.......
I keep thinking each day of how brave you all are. Then I realize it really isn't bravery at all, but God's grace and how sufficient it truly is. It shows in each of your smiles. As Bill Moore used to say "God is good....all the time HE is good!" One thing I will hold in my heart about you guys is how upbeat you've been throughout this journey....as so many have said...you are a true inspiration. God's Word is such a comfort and steadfast source of truth and strength to draw from...thank you for sharing with all of us some of your intimate moments with your family and with the Lord.
I love you..........Jackie E