Monday, March 17, 2008

"The plans I have for you"

Susan continues to amaze me. With a couple of doses of morphine last night, she slept pretty sound. But then at 0715 this morning, she was up and ready to finish a couple of more love letters to our children. After a couple of hours the love letters are now 98% complete. With the help of Leah, Hannah and Sarah, Susan also completed some thank yous to people that have recently given food and flowers. We are definitely being taken care of by many. Thank you.
God has given Susan some bursts of energy to finish tasks so important to her. They are almost complete. Today, we visited with Susan several times between 2-3 hour naps. Pastor Skip Lane and Pastor Dick Hege came by to see Susan and pray with us. The children have been writing love letters of their own and spending some nice one-on-one quality time with Susan. She remains comfortable and pain free. I want to share with you one of Susan's favorite verses:
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-12

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As we woke to snow on the ground yesterday and today, we realized that the Lord was giving Susan a gift. We remebered her love for it and stood in awe of how he cares for all the details! We love you!
Ruselers

Anonymous said...

We also thought of Susan when we woke to snow the other day. we are so thankful that Susan has had the energy to work on the love letters. We'll be praying that they will be completed soon. Jeremiah 19:11&12 is one of my all time favorites, too. Meditating on it really helps me to trust HIM.

Gary and Gayle

Anonymous said...

Doug,
Thank you for keeping us up to date on how everyone is doing. We know it is one more thing to do in your busy day but God has blessed us through you. It also helps up in praying for your specific needs. Thank you!!!
Love from all the Buesers

Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad- that is the same verse that I have on my love letter to you. It will help me on days to come! Love you

Anonymous said...

Dearest Susan and Doug,
Brenda Johns shared this verse with us at Bible study this morning and I thought of you:
Psalm 9:9-11 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Sing praises to the LORD, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what He has done. I am praying for each member of your family every day. God continue to bless you all. With love from your sister, Yvette Covey

Anonymous said...

Doug & Susan,
How good and great and gracious is our Lord! I have been praying that Susan would be given the time to finish her love letters as I know how important that is to her and how precious those letters will be in years to come to those who will be receiving them. Every time you share a verse, I think how special and appropriate it is and the wonderful thing about God's Word.........it's all special and meaningful! Doug, I too, want to thank you for taking the time to update all of us who love you and Susan and your family. May God's richest blessings flow out upon each of you in these coming days.
Love, Jackie E