Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!


We had a wonderful fun-filled New Year's Eve with 3 other dear families. We played Catch Phrase, Guesstures, Apples to Apples and of course lots of visiting. It was the perfect way to usher in 2008.
The hardest part of this blog is writing about me. I love sharing about everyone else but I am so blessed and grateful to have this communication with you all and so I'd love to share this prayer request with you. As we were all taking down the Christmas decorations on New Year's Day, Doug and I were over by the tree taking off the ornaments. I whispered to him how over the years I like to reflect on what might happen in the new year before all the decorations are put back up. Well I mentioned I'm not doing that this year because I probably won't be .... Well, Doug just grabbed me up and gave me the biggest hug and cupped my face and said "But Susan, you are going to such a far better wonderful place." I stepped back and gasped, "Oh Douglas, I haven't been focusing on that at all, have I. I have been so hung up on the kids." Earlier in the disease I quoted all those verses about 'to die is gain' and what heaven will be like over this life. How funny when the rubber is truly meeting the road, these verses take on a serious whole new meaning. Do you believe them or not? Oh, I believe it with all my heart but it's the kids that have been so hard for me to let go. Please pray for me that I would purposely give the children to the Lord and that I would trust that He is in charge of all the details of death and for my loved ones left behind. Also pray for all my other concerns a mother's heart has, that I would release them all. Thank you so much for your prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, sweet personal moment for you to share.

A mother's heart. Yours has been enormous and loving and brave and true.

Wishing you peace,
Gayle

Marcy said...

Susan, I spoke with you at Real Life awhile ago and you shared your blog site with me, thank you so much. You have been an enormous encouragment for others. More than you will ever know. Praise God for you dear. From one mother to another, I pray daily for you and your family and I love you.
Marcy

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

I don't know if you remember me, but I am Jim and Shiela McClain's daughter. I met you at your home several years ago when our daughter; Chrissie and your Kayla were very small and looked like twins. You were so hospitable and kind. You made us feel at home.
Your family is in our prayers. I'm keeping my Mom updated on your blog because they are without a computer for a while. They are praying for you as well and we all care deeply about your family. I know the Lord will take care of your family, but the concerns of a mother's heart are many and certainly understandable. I can certainly understand the difficulty in letting go. Your Doug is an amazing man and you are amazing as well. We will take be taking your family to the Lord on your behalf continually.
I just wanted you to know this.
You are a blessing and your life touches many. God is using you for His glory.

gentle(((((hugs)))))
Jana Taft

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Your kids will be surrounded with not only Jesus' love but the love and care of parents in this community. I will pray that when they feel lonely one of your many friends, and strangers that have heard about you, will envelope them with care. Teachers and kids in this community do care.
I'm not an expert on heaven but Layne Woolley, my daughter's friend, went there today! Maybe it was to welcome a beautiful mother such as yourself. He had cancer too. In my head I'm going to say you can be his mother in heaven. (even though I know it isn't the same system) It is hard for us left on earth but PRAISE GOD that he welcomes our loved ones home in such a wonderful place. Enjoy your son and PRAISE GOD Hannah had her foxy mama at her wedding. Your kids are so blessed to have a mom that loves the Lord like you do, Susan. There are so many who will miss you but we won't surprised when we look at your kids and say, "Susan would be proud. That is exactly what she would've done."
Peace and comfort to you my friend in Christ!