Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

"In this world you will have tribulation..." John 16:33 . Jesus went on to say "...but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
O Come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant,
O Come ye, O Come ye, to Bethlehem,
Come and behold Him, born the King of angels,
O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!


What a wonderful time of year to rejoice and be glad because He has come. "I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the city of David, a Savior has been born to you, he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11

Savior - how precious that word is for us and the overwhelming impact it has on those who accept Him as their Savior. He is our hope in this sinful world and our salvation out of this sinful world.

Sorry we haven't written in a while. Having too much fun enjoying "Christmas". I've been pondering in my heart this Christmas and what it means to "Come let us adore Him". We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Such sweet memories for all of us. Doug's younger brother John and his 17 yr old son Francesco are with us until Jan. 6th. We are having delightful time with them.

Last week they hydrated me on Wed and Friday to "tank me up" for Christmas. They take such good care of me. I have been feeling good and thank you for all your prayers. I'm sleeping well and those waves of anxiety have dissipated. My air exchange is just fine for now. I can go grocery shopping, run errands, work around the house. Just pace myself. So for now, the idea of a trac is put on the back burner. Also we got two doctors opinions about the feeding tube and for now since I can swallow food and drink, they can't recommend it. So, will keep praying about chemo and further treatments. Dr Tezcan is trying to find a combo that won't be so nauseating for me.

The wedding plans are coming along just great. Hannah is a little stressed so pray for her. I'm loving it all. Can't wait for the day (Jan. 5th)

Nathan has received such wonderful support from all of you. Thank you for all your love, prayers on his behalf. He is doing well. Michelle is staying strong relying on the Lord for her peace and strength. God Bless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Aunt Susan, Uncle Doug, and cousins:
Sorry I'm late to write this, but Merry Christmas! The family photo of your family, Uncle Johnny, and Francesco is so nice! I can tell that you had a wonderful time together for Christmas. Hannah's wedding will be coming up soon - how exciting for the family! Thinking of you all,
love Erin.

Anonymous said...

Your family photo with all your beautiful smiles made ME smile.

:)

Happy New Year!

xo
Gayle

Anonymous said...

I just know God is Healing you... Praise Jesus in this Season... man, you really are a blessing to everyone that comes across you.... thank you Jesus For Healing Susan.... thank you Lord.

Unknown said...

Dear Susan-Have thought of and prayed for you daily and especially each night. So grateful to hear that you are sleeping! We have enjoyed a houseful of youth and friends, enjoying the snow-covered farm hills and a "gentle" game of "Killer Rabbits"! Crazy new, fun table game. I can just imagine you "treasuring" all your family holiday memories in your heart! Will be praying God will direct the Dr.s to just the right Chemo combination.
Your "sister" : ) DD