Sunday, December 16, 2007

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!

Oh how we Vetschs love the snow. We went out in the hot tub early Saturday morning. There was snow on all the aspen branches overhead of us, and it would blow down on us. We are so enjoying the hot tub my family bought us last Spring. We went sledding at the golf course that afternoon. I sat and watched with such fun memories. The older kids have been up to Schweitzer and Silver Mountains to snowboard. They love the new Quad lift improvements. Several of the kids are switching back to skiing.
This was a good week for gaining new perspective on my situation. Just have not been comfortable and been doing ALOT of enduring. Doug and I made an appointment with Susan Herbst (Physician assistant at Cancer Center) to talk about it and options for further comfort. We talked about pain management, my weight and dehydration issues. We decided to pursue a feeding tube. One of my doctors has already said it isn't warranted. Will you please pray about this matter as we pursue mor opinions. Also we continue to pray about further chemo treatments which are causing such nausea and dry heaves. One more thing, the trach is still an option that I find myself wanting to do after Hannah's wedding. We desire God's will be done and that all of it would be to Glorify Him.
I have a huge praise in that the moments of anxiety are much better. When they wash over me, I have purposefully given them to the Lord. He is in charge of all the details of death and loved ones left behind. And all the other concerns a mother's heart has.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your sweet heart, Susan...

Anonymous said...

You are the strongest woman I have ever known. God is getting the glory in your Journey. My words fail me to express how I feel. You are daily in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

man, thats deep...

Anonymous said...

Susan, How I praise God that He has enabled you to continue to fight the good fight for His Glory...and continues to allow you to be able to enjoy the simple pleasures in life....like snow and sitting in the hot tub with loved ones....making precious memories! I so enjoyed our two short visits last week. You are constantly in my prayers. With much love, Jackie

Anonymous said...

Susan,
There is only one thing more beautiful than watching snow on the trees with your family in the hot tub...
Your relationship with our Lord is so glourious and beautiful.
You minister to all of us in your TOUGH fight with cancer.
When I received your beautiful family picture and a thank you note for the meal I made, and had doubts if it was edible, ha ha, I thanked the Lord for you.
I'm praying for comfort and understanding which I know can only come from our gracious Father. When you are too tired to cry out to Him, realize there are many of us who are kneeling before our Lord in your behalf.
I'm sure some of your anxiety is coming from wedding and Christmas to do lists. Being the on task woman that you are you want to jump up and get it done.
In your time of need I'm going to ask that you pray for a 16 year old CHS boy, named Layne, that is at Sacred Heart in Spokane with cancer and feeling uncomfortable too. He is a Christian but doesn't have your wisdom. He is scared and so sick!
I am on my knees for you and Layne.
I praise our Lord for sharing our burdens and I praise Him for the way your journey has become a ministry.

I love you!

Anonymous said...

"I have purposefully given them to the Lord. He is in charge of all the details of death and loved ones left behind. And all the other concerns a mother's heart has."

These words have been stuck in my head for the last three days... it's so real and deep.

Man, you really are a solider in Jesus's army... I just pray and believe you will be healed.