Saturday, January 26, 2008

Praise for Pain Control

"And He will yet deliver us, you also joining in helping us through your prayers, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed upon us through the prayers of many." 2 Corinthians 1:10-11

We doubled the dose of pain patch medicine yesterday and I slept through the night and woke up comfortable. I still take oral pain meds 3 times a day. It felt so good mentally and physically to feel the relief of the pain patch.
Doug and I were able to attend our Small Group Thursday night. I was so teary the whole time being surrounded by these dear couples we love so much. We are looking forward to this next snow storm(s) the next couple of days. Pray for the doctors visit on Monday that everything will be clear for our trip to Phoenix next Thursday.

4 comments:

Kelsi Cruse said...

Susan...
I haven't had the pleasure to meet you formally, yet I feel I've been able to be right with you and your family through this journey of yours. My name is Kelsi Cruse - I'm Teresa's daughter and Karinda's sister. I helped make those 'tears of joy' for Hannah's wedding. When I saw you at the ceremony, my heart leapt at how you glowed that evening. I have been fighting this cancer battle too and being able to follow along with someone facing this has been such a comfort for me. I also have a blog website I've been doing my best at keeping loved ones informed on as health permits. Every day when I turn my computer on to see the loving notes and letters left for me, I'm always drawn to your website first for a spiritual, encouraging 'burst' of emulating love. Thank you Susan. Whatever purposes the Lord has had you fulfill in your time here on earth - I know that touching my life (that of a complete stranger to you) has been one of them. I am so blessed.

In His name,
Kelsi
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kelsicruse

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan and family,
We received your letter yesterday and beautiful family picture. It is such a blessing to watch your family grow! We may not have always expressed it over the years, but you have always been such an inspiration to us. We have fond memories of meeting and getting to know you in Orlando - 25 years ago now!! We spent many great times together, especially at the Greenman's home for OCF. Even in this struggle you are going through, your faith and love for life and our Lord continues to grow. Know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Our Love,
Brian and Ronda

Anonymous said...

Susan, I am glad to hear that you are controlling some of your pain. It is so hard to see a loved one in pain. I love this blog - it is a great to know that you have been an inpiration to so many people ALL of your life. I will continue to pray for your whole family and especially you!
Enjoy your time with your parents!

Unknown said...

Dear Susan,

Thinking of you, and enjoying sharing the joy expressed by those who treasure your rich friendship!And you are, indeed, a treasure to know! Phil. 4:6 "Pray(ing) and ask(ing) God for everything you need, always giving thanks."

love in Jesus,
Dana