Wednesday, January 30, 2008

ER visit

We are getting excited to go to Phoenix although we just love all this snow and hate to miss the next storms. About two feet of snow in the past four days. You can be sure though that the sun and 60+ degree warmth will feel good to the bones.
I had another heart episode yesterday landing me in the ER. Was at a movie with friends and my heart started racing. Eventually we decided maybe we should go to the ER since I felt so bad. On the way down, I got all sweaty, clammy and passed out the rest of the way to the hospital. I was with Dan and Debbie Morris and they were so wonderful with me. Heart had settled down by the time we got to the ER and the doctor just attributes the whole thing to heart arythmeas (sp?) that cause a chain reaction. Doug eventually made it to the ER from work and then I was discharged. I'm unnerved about the trip and what if it happens again. Please pray that I would calm my thoughts, rest in the Lord, not be anxious about the "what if's" and just ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY. We will definitely update the blog while we are down there so you will know what is going on. We will let you know how nice it is (weather).

"I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies." Psalm 18:1-3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug & Susan,

We will definitely pray for your trip and no more heart arithmias. How exciting! Have a great time traveling with just the two of you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Doug and Susan,
Yes! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy every moment. Please greet your parents for me - it was nice to see them again at Hannah and Jake's wedding. Just enjoy the warmth of the sun, and the different plants and flowers, and, of course, the company of your family.
Thinking of you! Love, Judy and Patrick

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your in Phoenix, think of me! I lived here for two years (I went to jr. high and High School in Prescott and college in Flagstaff). I am praying for you and your family, Love,Jeri