Thursday, January 24, 2008

Complete the Task

"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me." Acts 20:24

I have been praying about the end of this verse and asking the Lord to show me "what and if He has more for me to complete." In the meantime, my focus is to finish the race well and continue to Glorify Him through this.
The last couple of days the pain in my torso has increased but Hospice Care has been good about my pain management. My days are full with visiting loved ones, bible study and kids activities.
All of this is hard stuff but through it, your encouraging and uplifting words of support are carrying us through this. It is all so precious to us.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad your home.
I feel blessed to have met and spend quality time with you.
Each day something small reminds me of you and I pray God gives you all the strength needed to complete each day.
Thanks for showing and reminding me how wonderful and real God is by being you!!

Anonymous said...

Ever since I found you again, you've been in my thoughts every moment.

You're a true inspiration to me, Susan.

hugs and love,
Gayle

Anonymous said...

Psalm 57:7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give thanks...
a fixed heart only showes up in trials.
You have fixed your heart and shine for your Lord! You have walked the walk and, you are greatly loved!

Anonymous said...

Susan and Doug - I just got your Christmas letter yesterday. Thank you - it was so nice to hear all about you and your family. I spent a long time last night reading the blog. You are both amazing and an inspiration to all. Please know that are thoughts and prayers are with you all. This blog is wonderful.

Laurie, Doug, Jake & Kelsey

Anonymous said...

The Lord places you on our hearts daily....we praise Him for you and your family and the blessing you are to us.
Barry and Suzi

Melaina said...

It was so great to recieve your Christmas letter today . Susan You are the most amazing woman I have ever known I love you so much Heart and soul. If not for you I would not be who I am or where I am today. I thank God everyday for him making you a part of my life. You have made my last 20 years so much better because of all your advice, praise and your unconditional belief. Thank you for sharing with me all you have. I love you all.