Thursday, January 10, 2008

2 Liters

Wednesday morning I went over to radiology to have fluid removed from around the inside lining of my lung between the plura sack and lungs. X-ray showed about 4 Liters but the doctor removed 2 Liters with a needle through my back between my ribs. Hard to believe there was so much fluid. Breathing is so much better. Can lay down almost flat. Boy does that feel good. The edema in my ankles and legs is gone. Dr. Tezcan plans to take more liquid off my lungs today with maybe a discharge on Friday. When I mentioned to Dr. Tezcan we needed to keep in mind our son Nathan, and when to bring him home with all that is going on, he mentioned that I probably won't have months to live but weeks. So now is the time. Hospice is now being setup. Thank you all for your prayers, love and giving to me and the family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am glad they found that ASAP and were able to help you out. It was SO good seeing you at the wedding. You look GREAT and I am so proud of you for being so strong for your family. You really are a hero and an amazing woman of God. I can't wait to see you again in May when I move back to CDA!

Love ya.....
Karinda (Cruse) Leonardi
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Our family will definitely be praying for you! The wedding pictures are very beautiful!

Sam (Troxel) Johnson

Anonymous said...

(((((Susan)))))

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt Susan,
As you begin hospice care, I send loving thoughts your way, as well as to the hospice workers, who I know will care for you so well. Life will end one day for all of us and I can only hope that my life will have even one-tenth of the kindness and joy that I see in your eyes. A lot of things in this world don't seem to be just, but all we can do with what we have is our best. You have consistently given more love and kindness to this world and to your family than many people ever do! For that, I admire you so. Love, Erin.

Anonymous said...

Beloved, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

III John 2