Friday, January 11, 2008

Like To Clarify!

Dear Everyone,
I talked to Dr Tezcan (Oncologist) on Thursday further about "having weeks". He explained that if the cancer continued at the rate it is going and things continued to deteriorate, it would be weeks. However, if I stabilized then it would be longer. In the past few days, we all agree that I have somewhat stabilized. Again, we all know my day are numbered and so we have peace. Praise the Lord!
Thursday morning I sat on the edge of my bed at 6am looking out at the snow falling and all the beauty of it. I said to the Lord, "Weeks, what do I do with weeks?" Of course my answer was easy; To keep doing what I am doing, taking care of my family and enjoying them. So to sum this all up, let us not focus on "weeks" at all, but instead focus on trusting the Lord for His timing and live each day to the fullest, not being anxious about tomorrow or what the future holds. God has it all worked out. AMEN!

A Tender Moment; Susan and Hannah dancing

4 comments:

patty said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are truly a woman of God. Your strength is an encouragement to everyone. We are praying for you. Love Patty

Anonymous said...

Grace, Mercy, and Peace to Susan and her family. I teach her daughter who is a ray of light for this family that shines like the sun!
In His Grip,
Mr. Booth

Anonymous said...

Susan, you are an amazing person, but everyone knows that. Your smile is just like it was in June of 1976. I have been praying for your family, but especially you.

Anonymous said...

How lovely that one of the Vetsch daughters is a "ray of light" quoted by her teacher. Susan is our bright and shining light, and to know that this is passed on is very comforting. In preparing the study sheets for Divine Mercy study group for Jan. 24, I saw that Psalm 27 is one of the Scripture readings. Verses 1, 4, 5, are brought to life by Susan's walk, and have always been a source of confidence in God. In thanksgiving for God's goodness, good teachers, and our daughter, I send love, Mom and Grandmother, Mary Carol