Monday, January 28, 2008

Doctor Visit Today

Today I go in to have my iv port taken out since it is no longer being used and has been a source of infections anyway. That should be pretty fast. Then I will go see my cardiologist and get a chest x-ray to see how effective the procedure to drain and seal the pleural space around my lung was, from two weeks ago. Pray that he will permit me to travel (fly) to Phoenix this Thursday to visit parents, family and friends. His concern might be the cabin pressure effects on the lung while flying. Will update the blog with the answer later today.
Over the weekend, we had 14 inches of snow dumped on us. We had wonderful times inside playing games, watching some movies and sitting by the fire drinking tea. On occasion I had to watch as the family shoveled snow. But we celebrated Kayla and Laura's birthdays on Sunday. That was a special time.
"All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts. He comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort others. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!

All of my fingers, and even my toes, are crossed; not to mention many prayers for your doctor's report today!!! I'm so glad to hear the pain has been managed better for you. I pray it will continue. It sounds as though CDA has had it's share of snow again with more to come!! Won't Phoenix feel good! Is Nathan still home? Please tell everyone "hi" for us and give them all our love. You are constantly on my mind and in my prayers and will forever be in my heart!! Take care and we'll see you soon! ( ) - that's a big hug for you and the family.
All my love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Susan,
Thank you so much for the Christmas letter and the family picture - it's such a good picture of you all. I notice the beautiful foliage in the background. Was it taken last summer? It will feel good to have that central IV line taken out, especially if it has brought on infections. I hope so much that you can go to Pheonix for a trip. If it does not come to fruition, at least there is lovely snow to play in! It is very cold this week up here in Kamloops, but no snow falling. Are you still using your hot tub? Thinking of you all,
Erin