Sunday, January 13, 2008

Susan is back home!!

I am sorry I haven't written in the last couple of days. I came home on Friday at 11am and been having too much fun. I just kept forgetting. Friday was Leah's boyfriend's birthday. Doug and I were invited out with Leah, Jared and his parents to Wolf Lodge for dinner. The girls went to friends homes so it was such a refreshing evening for me to be "wife" to my husband. We all had a real nice time and of course the steak was delicious. Saturday we regrouped as a family in the morning and then all headed up to Schweitzer Mountain for night skiing. It was fun to be a part of the scene even if I didn't snowboard. Michelle came and we played games in the lodge.
Skiing Schweitzer Mtn 1/12/08


The big news right now is Nathan is enroute from Iraq to be at home with me. Dr. Tezcan and Red Cross made the decision to bring Nathan home for a visit. He will be home in the next couple of days. We are so looking forward to holding him in our arms and having a wonderful time. Pray for his safe trip home.
I truly am feeling good. Sleeping flat in my husband's arms at night. I use oxygen for sleeping and when I am up and about. I have a big unit for the house with a long leash and then a portable tank unit when out of house.
Monday we will x-ray the lungs and see if there is any new fluid around the lungs. Otherwise the plan is just to enjoy. I truly feel I owe each of you an apology on how the news was shared with you (how long I have). We try to be so sensitive on how and what I write for all of you. I feel so bad how blunt it came out. I truly don't even remember writing it with all that was going on. I thank you so much for your faithful reading and prayers for all of us.
"Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself..." Matt 6:34

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so very glad for your news. I love to see you getting out and enjoying your family so. You are such an inspiration. Praying for you and a safe return for Nathan. How great that will be.
Kelly