Friday, November 2, 2007

Hanging in there

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121
Hi ALL,
My hill is Canfield Mountain that is just east of us by about a mile. From our front room couch I can see a full view of it. These verses have kept me going through this week. Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf. Still very nauseated and can't eat much BUT NO dry heaves in the past couple of days, PTL! We thought I was getting hydrated because I have been drinking enough, I thought. But today at 3:30 pm I will go down to the Cancer Center and get hydrated through my veins. That will be good for me. We are still planning to cancel next weeks chemo treatment. I have peace about it and the family supports the decision. It gets REALLY wearing on me and the family, me being so sick. My days are blessed, enjoying the sun outside and resting. I have had a chance to pray for all you dear people in our lives. Our son Jason has been in his high school play. Its the "High School Musical" and he has a dancing and group singing part. He has been having fun with that. Something different than sports. Well we go to the play tonight and pray that I will be up to going. I should be feeling good after getting hydrated at the Cancer Center. Thank you all for your comments on the blog and your emails. God Bless!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember Canfield Mountain, but then again when we lived in Post Falls, we didn't have the awesome views that you do! We hope that your nausea has subsided and that you were able to enjoy the play.
Hugs to you, Doug, and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hi, We just posted the last comment and I forgot to ask if there is anything that Nathan might need or want while away from home and family during this holiday season. We would like to contribute if there was such a box being sent to him with essential or wanted items from your church or others. If not, perhaps we could do a 'Nathan gathering' from the blog prayer warriors..what do you think?
Barry and Suzi