Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More Surgery

I went to see Dr. DeTar, my throat doctor, on Tuesday morning about my difficulty breathing since last Wednesday. The airway has shrunk even more with no real apparent reason. We talked in depth again about a trach. This would be the best solution but one I didn't want to do. I can't go on this way though with breathing so labored and sleeping is a nightmare. Wednesday morning at 0700 am at KMC, Dr. DeTar will try taking out some implants we had put in the voice box area (months ago) to beef up the one vocal cord to make me talk better. Dr. DeTar hopes this will give me some space to open up the airway and improve my air exchange. I am very hopeful this will work but trying to surrender it all to Jesus and accept what lies ahead, fixing my eyes on Jesus the author and perfector of my faith (Hebrews 12:2).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan & family,
Our thoughts & prayers are with you during your surgery. We know God is with you and guiding you through each obstacle you encounter and we have all the faith that He will help find an answer to your breathing difficulty. It sounds as though Stoneridge was a memorable time for everyone, so that's wonderful!! We made it to Phoenix safely and have been enjoying the sunny, warmer temperatures. It sounds as though winter has made an appearance in North Idaho. I watched the full 2 hours of Good Morning America this morning to catch a glimpse of Coeur d'Alene and all the beautiful lights. It made me a little homesick! Who'd have thought, the way I love Phoenix and everything!!!! I look forward to your trip down here and if it works out for you I'd love for us to have lunch and spend some of an afternoon together!! I've already started scoping out some great lunch spots (it gives me a great legitimate reason to eat out!!!!!!!!!!!) I will continue, as always, to keep you and the family in my thoughts and prayers - usually several times a day! Can't wait to see you all at the wedding! Take care and God bless!!
Love, Lisa D. and the "boys"