Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Lord is Near!

"The times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" Acts 3:19
I didn't sleep well last night. Got up early and had a wonderful quite time with the Lord. So amazing that I, Susan Vetsch, can have full access to God Almighty on a couch in Blanchard, ID.
The appointment with Dr. Tezcan was yesterday, Monday at 10:00 am. A big concern right now is my weight (110 lbs). He is putting me on an appetite stimulant to help with gaining weight. I'm going to start a new chemo drug next week. Will do one dose in December and then in January we'll go every 3rd week with it. It does cause nausea and nerve damage to hands and feet. The nausea causes concern with my lost of weight so I will go on a low dose steriod to see if that helps control it. Pray that I would tolerate the side effects and wisdom and peace to know how far and how long to fight.
Please also continue to pray that all of this would bring Glory to God and completeness to our family. Proverbs 14:30 says "A heart at peace gives life to the body."
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Also keep praying for Nathan. He is doing fine, seeing alot of Iraq. The holidays are hard to be away. For those that are thinking of Christmas gifts to Nathan, go ahead and send them individually to his mailing address, he would love them. His address is:

Cpl. VETSCH, Nathan
1/10 P Battery 5/14
Unit 73323
FPOAE 09509-3323

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of you all seem like such a wonderful family. Susan, the faith you have is a real blessing to me... I will pray long and hard for you and your entire family. God bless you susan and I pray for healing, i believe God will do a healing in you and we will give thanks and praises for it.

Anonymous said...

Blessings to all of you this Thanksgiving...we love and pray for you. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. The Lord is beautiful....He is our hope and unmatchable strength each and every day. Psalm 94:18-19

Anonymous said...

Hello!
We are thinking of you all, hope you are all enjoying your time together. Not sure how it is working out with school and transportation...going back and forth...in any case, we are glad you have some special time away to hot tub, and be together. We know that God is using your cancer to Glorify Him, it is amazing to all of us that observe you in this struggle. It is mind-boggling how you do it. We feel helpless in responding to your challenges. We can only pray that God will ease your discomfort and ask that He bless you and your family thru these obstacles in your journey.
love to you, D.D.& C.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a very special Thanksgiving with your family! You are in my thoughts and prayers... keep fighting!
Love,
Elizabeth Scrafford