Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reflecting

My parents, Doug and I are still reflecting on our wonderful trip to Phoenix. Sarah was able to spend some nice time with her cousin Lindsey. So thankful I was able to go. Thank you for all your prayers to get us there and back.
My devotion for Feb 8th in Streams in the Desert was written just for ME.
"Never look ahead to the changes and challenges of this life in fear. Instead, as they arise look at them with the full assurance that God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them. Has'nt He kept you safe up to now? So hold His loving hand tightly, and He will lead you safely through all things. And when you cannot stand, He will carry you in His arms. Do not look ahead to what may happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for you today, will take care of you tomorrow and everyday. Either He will shield you from suffering or He will give you His unwavering strength that you may bear it. Be at peace then and set aside all anxious thoughts and worries..."
I know this was lengthy and we thank you for taking time to read. It was just so appropriate for where Doug and I are in this journey. Please pray that we will keep our eyes on Jesus and keep our thougths focused on His Word.
"Surely I am with you always." Matthew 28:20

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Is so good. He is so faithful to meet us right where we are at and His timing is perfect. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed our quick visit the other day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!

It was so good to see you in Phoenix!! We were so happy it worked that you guys could make it down. Thank you for sharing Sarah with us for the Super Bowl party! We had a WONDERFUL time with her!!!!! Glad to hear you had a safe trip home. Just wanted to write a quick note to stay in touch. I'll talk to you later and we'll see you when we get home. Take care!!
All my love,
Lisa