Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back Home Again

The Team; Our Sleigh Ride
Well we made it back from Leavenworth. All went very well, praise be to God! We had the pleasure of staying with Dennis, Jan, Jesse, Jade Jaspers. What a sweet family. Saturday night we had Schweine Schnitzel, listened to German polka music, sang and danced to the Chicken song at a German restaurant in Leavenworth. Sunday we went on a wonderful sleigh ride, went snowshoeing and did some shopping in Leavenworth. Was beautiful sunny blue skies throughout. They had alittle less snow then we do here. Praise God I felt good through the whole trip.
Came home on Monday afternoon and been having a hard time. Struggling with pain and feeling just not good. It's been a good few days of learning to abide in the bad moments also embracing it all and still rejoicing. My devotion of Feb 9th blog is such a God send by keeping my focus on the moment. I'll ask the nurse this week about increasing the pain patch again. Pray that I'll get going on my love letters to each child and their cook books that will also have lots of little treasures and gems about each child and pictures of us together. I have alot of ladies who want to help so I got to get going.

"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:21-23

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!

It looks as though you had a great time in Leavenworth, so glad to hear it went well and you felt good!! I hope the nurse can help you get your pain back under control. Will keep in touch. Take care!!!

Love and prayers, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Susan, I so enjoy reading about what you are doing with your family. I have your picture up on the refrigerator and pray for you all. I enjoy walking back in time and re-living those days in Maine. All my love, Jeri

Anonymous said...

Dear Doug and Susan and all,
Susan, I know you have your birthday coming up real soon! We will be thinking of you often, and hope that you will feel especially well on your birthday! May it be a great day of celebration for your whole family.
Blessed birthday wishes to you, Susan. Love, Judy and Patrick