Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Home School Mom's ReUnion

Last night Gwynne Fleener helped me organize an evening of fellowship with all my homeschool friends from way back in the early 90's. There were 16 of us mothers. We all went around and shared how our families were doing. It was such a blessing for me to see how God is still working in these families' lives. And the updates on all the kids was wonderful. Those were great days working with such Godly mothers.
Had a very encouraging doctors appointment today. My lungs show now new signs of fluid buildup. Also from what tumors he could see on my chest x-ray the cancer appears stable. I have been dealing with terrible pain in my right neck shoulder and upper forearm. he thinks maybe a tumor may be pushing on some nerves. We are hopeful a nerve medication will help. We walked out really rejoicing with the overall news and God's answered prayers. Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!

So glad to hear about your good doctor's report. I will continue to pray that things will stay on the positive path. I'm sure you had a great time catching up with the homeschool moms. It's always fun to hear what kids are up to, especially if it's been several years. Take care.

Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi mom!!! I will miss you but stay strong!!! I really enjoyed spending Valentines evening with the family. Dinner was excellent! Love you mother! Leah

Anonymous said...

Susan,
Homeschooling...wonderful days, special times, awesome mothers and children. I am sure those years are precious to you. I am so happy to hear your appointment went well with your doctor. I will be praying for the right kind of pain management which works for you.
God Bless you, Jean