Monday, February 25, 2008

MOPS Reunion

Sunday afternoon I got the joy of reuniting with 26 wonderful ladies who have served on the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) steering committee for the last 15 or so years. I was involved with MOPS since 1995. What a blessed time for me as the ladies went around and shared from their hearts. I loved hearing how the Lord is working in their lives. These reunions I've been having lately are just a foretaste of the glorious reunions I'll soon have in Heaven.
We celebrated Sarah's 20th birthday on Feb 23rd. She had a very nice day meeting up with different friends for coffee, lunch, movie etc. My pain keeps being the issue. We have increased the patch to 100 and trying hard to stay on top of the pain, pain management as we call it. When I do that though, the pain meds make me so sleepy. I need to compromise here on relaxing more so I have a better level of pain. It all works out as I surrender and accept new limits with this all. As I trust in Jesus, He so gently takes me through this journey. Of course there is always a few tears along the way from me. It has truly been a sweet experience, but it has been hard. Love to you all, God Bless!

5 comments:

John Schaff said...

I love you Susan, and I admire your faith and strength.

Anonymous said...

Mom,
Missed seeing you the other night for sarah's birthday. Looks like you guys had fun. I am looking forward to tommorrow. We are going to have so much fun. I love you!

Hannah Hoy

Anonymous said...

I was so blessed by our time on Sunday evening. You are such an inspiration to me Susan.
You are an amazing woman and your example of faith has effected me more than you know.
Love you!
Angela

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah! I hope you will have a wonderful year ahead. And happy birthday, Susan! May the pain just go away for a while so you can enjoy your birthday. I'm sure you will have lots of visitors!
We'll be thinking of you...
Love, Judy and Patrick

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!

It sounds as though you had a wonderful time at your reunion. I pray your pain diminishes with your pain management. I know your strong spirit will guide you to get through it all. Happy birthday to Sarah!!

Always in our loving thoughts & prayers,
Lisa and the "boys"