Thursday, October 18, 2007

Great News!

We are just praising the Lord for the results! The tumors were down 50%. Dr. Tezcan was very pleased with the results. What a humbling place to be before our Savior at the Cancer Center. Many other patients today did not receive such wonderful news. Thank you all for you prayers on our behalf. With such good results, Dr. Tezcan wants to stay the course and keep doing what we are doing. It was one of those "Are you serious?" moments. I asked if he thought I could handle anymore. He was positive I could. He also talked about a new chemo drug just approved last week. So there is yet another chemo option. So three more weeks of the current chemo cocktail and then another cat scan. As shocked as I am about doing the hard chemo, I am so thankful and praising the Lord that He continues to give me options. There will come a day when there are no more options. So with that I will continue to run the race. I can't express enough how we appreciate your love, support and prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Susan,

That is wonderful news! What an answer to prayers. Thank you also for continuing to keep us updated. It gives us the ability to be with you and the opportunity to lift you up with specific prayers. We’ll keep praying! Have a great weekend.

Christian and family

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Susan,
It's such wonderful news to hear that the chemotherapy has been helpful! I'm sure everybody's spirits have been up after these great results. How is the nausea? You probably already know these tips: cold foods don't trigger nausea as much as hot foods. And if the chemo gives you a metallic taste in the mouth, plastic cutlery works well for some people to lower that awful taste. Also, peppermint extract can be helpful for nausea, too. Just put a few drops of peppermint oil on a gauze pad or a face cloth and keep it close by. Something about the scent of peppermint decreases nausea. I'm thinking of you all,
Erin

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan and Family,

We're so glad to hear that the Chemo has been shrinking the tumors! We'll continue to keep you in our prayers as you face 3 additional weeks of Chemo. Our kids have been asking when the girls can come for a visit. We should have free weekends now that soccer and football just finished.

Dennis, Jan, Jess and Jade Jaspers

Anonymous said...

Susan,
You have been in our prayers each day. I am in awe how strong you are and how your faith is touching me in a very mighty way! I smile when I think of our visit during the CDA high school BBQ... Wow, what great girl talk! Susan, we love you so much and will continue to pray for you. Love, Jeri