Monday, October 22, 2007

A Family Weekend!

A wonderful weekend with my brother Bob and his wife Penny (from Bozeman, MT) and brother Rory and his wife Connie along with their kids, Dillon and Mikayla (from Gig Harbor, WA). We had great visits and great food provided by several friends. We made carmel corn, carmel apples and carved some pumpkins. We even introduced them to the game of BUNKO. It was soo good to see my family. And then on Sunday my sister Jeannie came over from Chawelah, WA where she is working temporarily as an RN. Jeannie stayed Sunday night and went with me for my Chemo treatment today. I was feeling pretty good through the day but by night time I was ready to go to bed. Gotta keep up on my meds at the prescribed time to stay on top of the pain. I wanted to share with you a picture of the family with my brothers and their families. It was good to have everyone near this weekend. You are all such a blessing to me and my family. Thank you all for your concerns and prayers. God Bless you all!

1 comment:

bsfmama said...

Susan, your weekend sounded like so much fun! I am so glad your brothers & sister were all able to get together with you on the same weekend. We were studying the beatitudes last week in BSF (as you already know!), & when we came to the "Pure in heart" I thought of you. You have always been such an encouragement to so many of us even if we weren't necessarily involved in what we were doing. You told us you were praying for us & you sounded like you really meant it! I am thinking of when we started Classical Christian Academy with Rebecca Bock. I don't know if you remember meeting her at some information table we had set up at a home-schooling event, but she told me how positive & encouraging you were even tho' you were a home-schooler. I had never met you then, but she told me about how many kids you had & we marveled at how you were able to do it b/c both of us had home-schooled at various times. Anyway, I also saw you as a very merciful person & a peacemaker as well. You have such a heart for other people & I guess that's why I thought of "pure in heart" right away. I hope you are feeling a bit better since Monday. We miss seeing you at BSF but totally understand.
--LeeAnn Cheeley