Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Leah is back, Nathan is gone

We are so sorry we haven't updated in a week. Doug was out of town and our computer is still down. We should have it back this Friday. I changed my chemo day to Monday so by the weekend I hope to be feeling better to get in some good family time. ALso this way the 5 younger kids and I can get to night class Bible Study Fellowship on Monday with little problem.
Lots of family news. Leah has been over by Pendleton, OR all summer fighting forest fires. Well she finished up over this past weekend and got settled in her new house with several other girls in Spokane, WA to continue with school at Eastern Washington University. She is a senior going for her Elementary Education Degree. Nathan leaves from the west coast on Friday for Iraq. It will be a 22 hour trip. So pray for Nathan's travels and keep him in your daily prayers as he goes to war. As for myself, I am tired these days. Pray for the effectiveness of the chemo that it would prolong my days. In several weeks the cat scans will be big in this course of treatment. God Bless you all. Thanks for all you do!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow this month has gone by fast. So many things going on in your family and ours. We are so thankful that you are able to keep food in and maintaining. Now that all the visitors are gone, hope you are resting up...we love you all.

dubrey

Anonymous said...

Hi my dear sister- Nathan will be in my prayers, for him and his vehicle to be surrounded by an army of angels to keep him safe; and for Michelle to have peace. So glad Leah is home, looking forward to seeing her.
It's OK to be tired, Susan. Naps are good; that and sunshine! (did Mom ever have you sit on the porch in the sun when you were sick "to get better"?) I especially pray on chemo days that the drugs are wrecking havoc with the tumors. So, nap, and let them work! :-)
I love you Susan, and look forward to seeing you starting in Oct.

Dad and Mom said...

Dearest Susan- Thank you for the update on Nathan and Leah. He is on the Military prayer chain at St. George's, and also prayed for daily by our Divine Mercy prayer group members. We are relieved that Leah is back from fire duty. Her well-being will continue to be in our prayers. We hope that you rest, as your sister, Jeanne, urged you to do. I know that you have that amazing ability to keep going but it takes energy that could be better used in healing. Peace and Love, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Susan,

I hope your chemo session today went as well as it can be. How long is your session each Monday? I volunteer in our hospital's Cancer Centre, making tea and coffee and preparing the beds and chemo chairs for the patients. I think about you each time I go. I've met so many interesting and inspiring people who are going through chemo. I hope you get plenty of rest and that the side effects are manageable. Thinking of you and the family,

Erin