Thursday, September 6, 2007

I'm STARVING!!

Thank you all for your prayer concerning my appetite. I was hungry ALL day yesterday and so of course I ATE all day! It was fun. No calorie watching for me. Along with my appetite I also felt pretty normal. YEA!!! This will be cyclical though I''ll bet. This all was possible with the help of all your prayers, support and meals. Enough of me; Doug, Hannah, Nathan, Michelle and my brother Rick did the Hiawatha Trail on their bicycles yesterday. 20.4 miles through railroad tunnels and over trestle bridges. It was a beautiful day for them. We all played Michigan Rummy after dinner and overflowed the hot tub with 10 of us in a 6 person tub. I have another chemo treatment on Friday. So pray that my appetite keeps going through it all. God Bless!
dougvetsch@roadrunner.com

2 comments:

Kitty said...

WOOWHOO!! We were holding steadfast in our hopes and prayers you would become like one of those hungry teenagers our famalies have. I like to call Taylor a "bottomless pit of hunger" as he is forever rummaging through the frig. and cupboards. We will keep the "tummy growling" prayers going and you in our hearts.
Love always,
Kitty, Ed
Jake & Taylor

Anonymous said...

Dear Doug and Susan,
This is the first I hear of our Aunt Sr. Michelle's death. Thank you for sending us this news, even though it is sad news. Of course, right away I think, "Why didn't I call her more often!" May we all take this as a reminder to help us keep in touch with all those we love and care for.
You are sounding so upbeat Susan! I hope the chemo goes well and that your appetite remains hearty!
Hello and best wishes to Nathan during his visit home.
Love, Judy and Patrick