Monday, October 20, 2008

"My soul waits in silence for God only..." Psalm 62:5

Hello friends,

I found a journal the other day that Susan had been keeping in the early 2005 time period. Susan wrote this:


"My Bible verse for my 4th round of battle is Psalm 62: 5-6, "My soul waits in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken." I picked this verse this time because my hope for healing is in Him alone. Therefore my soul can wait as long as it takes even if it never happens here on earth. He alone - not my healing - is my rock and refuge. My deliverance from cancer is not my source of hope - HE is."


Susan always held on to the eternal perspective, the hope that we have in Him, not looking at our own circumstances. She lived what she always spoke about. She didn't get cured of cancer here on earth but she now is cancer free with our Lord Jesus. I hope this helps you with what ever you are dealing with these days. Her life is a fresh reminder to me to always be looking upward for my source of hope and strength.


This past weekend we went to Carver farms to get corn stalks and pumpkins to decorate the front of the house. Last year Susan was unable to go to Carver farms because she was in the hospital, to get MRI's, get her pain medicine under control and to gain some weight. We decorated the house last year before she came home from the hospital. This year we decorated again. She would be pleased. Here is a picture of us at Carver farms.


And then on Sunday, I took Mary, Laura and Kayla (along with Dawson our black lab) over to English Point and we took a hike through the woods. It was so nice and we had a great time too!
Praises:

1) Leah finished her Portland Half marathon (yes another one this weekend) in 5 minutes faster than her run last weekend.

2) Mary finisher up her volleyball this past week. She has really improved in the game. Who knows where she will be in volleyball in a few years.

3) God just keeps making my schedule of events fall into place. Sports events, yards work, etc. have been happening without too much trouble. But keep praying for my time management.

4) Hannah has been doing well in her nursing studies. Her last test went well. She studies a lot but it seems to be paying off.

5) Aaron got his drivers license. Yay!!

Prayer:

1) That I make the right decisions and not doubt myself when it comes to family management.

2) Our family, the grieving process for each of the children and for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Doug for posting that note from Susan. Her eternal focus always lifted my spirits.
I'm so thrilled each time I drive by your home and see the decorating you are doing! Yes, Susan is pleased. You are doing a wonderful job of leading and loving your family.

GOD is the source of our hope.
with joy~ Stephanie Keaty