Monday, October 13, 2008

A Beautiful Day!

The Marathon went very well on Sunday! The fall colors were a treat while running along the nice views of the Spokane River. Skies were clear, no wind but it was cold at the start of the race, 30 degrees F. Leah finished the half marathon in 1 hr, 54 minutes. She did GREAT and finished 20 minutes sooner than she expected. I finished the marathon in 3 hrs, 52 min, 53 sec. My goal in other marathons has always been to break the 4 hour mark. So this was a good day. God blessed the whole day. And Susan was with me the whole way. I wore one of her Angel pins and the angel is carrying a pink breast cancer ribbon. She kept me going during the run. This run was for Susan. I love you Susan!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a little brag on my father in law: what he failed to mention is that He was 3RD place in his age group!!!!!!
We are so proud of you, Dad!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are fantastic times. I am glad it was a beautiful day. What a great feeling to cross the finish line.

We miss the fall colors but it has been unusually cool this week down here and feels fall-like. Then of course you travel east and Billings got a foot of snow already.

Great job and thanks for the update.

Christian and family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Doug & Leah for surpassing your marathon goals, and to you, Doug, for coming in third for your group. Way to go!! I'm sure Susan and God were running beside both of you the whole way and cheering you on! Leah, I will definitely be thinking of you this weekend in Portland. Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll do great. Have a safe trip over. Also congrats to Kayla for finishing her cross country. Take care and we hope to see you all soon.

Love, Lisa

Steph said...

congrats to all on your running achievements. What a wonderful way to enjoy that beautiful fall weather.