Monday, August 27, 2007

Decisions

Monday; Please pray as we reconsider having the tracheotomy surgery on Wed. I just don't know if I want that included in my quality of life. I'm already dealing with my heart issues and side effects of hard chemo. Right now I am comfortable living with what oxygen I get for my activity level right now. Long conversations are the hardest. But with this site and email, we get around that (our email address is ( dougvetsch@roadrunner.com ). I like my wheelchair and it isn't like I'll be running ever again. Another thing is my hot tub. I live in it and love it. But having a trach tube would seriously be an issue. Having a wonderful time with Leah and of course all the kids. Leah goes back to fighting fires in Oregon (summer job for college $) tonight. We are truly being blessed by everyone's love and outpouring of prayers and concern.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear susan,
I hope that everything goes well with your treatment. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. It seems like yesterday when our familys got together and went to the Coeur 'd Alene lake and went swimming. Doug and Susan your family has been a blessing to everyone around you. Take care. Jess and Ryan Broyles

Lisa Troxel said...

Hi Susan,
Thanks for stopping to see Dorothy and letting the Birthright gang know what was going on. This website is great- I am always glad to know how you are doing without taking your time away from your precious family. Aaron played well on Saturday- it was great to see him on the same team with Alex. I screamed his name a lot.lol
Libby is in the hospital tonight with a fever. I don't think you need to worry- they are just keeping an eye on her for the night. She is responding to chemo quite well and she really liked your visits.
Love ya girlfriend- I will keep you in my prayers.