Friday, August 31, 2007

Chemo Day Today


I will be getting my second dose of chemo this morning. Will be a weekly rotation 3 on and 1 off. Will do that for a couple months and then take tests (cat scans, etc) to see how cancer is responding. Always an adventure to see how the Lord is writing our story.
I continue to be in complete AWE at how God worked out the tracheotomy situation, improving my breathing and not allowing a surgery date until later so it would give me time to reconsider. I am so overwhelmingly grateful that I don't need that procedure done (at least right now). Our son Nathan is coming home in 4 days!!! He is in North Carolina training for his upcoming deployment to Iraq. His second tour. We are sooooo proud of our son. He has a great attitude and is a fine young man. We are all looking forward to his 11 day visit, especially his wife Michelle.
Thought for today: "Happiness is a feeling, JOY is an attitude"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan..Its Amy. I am so happy that you said no to the TT. Its amazing how God will speak to you if only we listen. I am planning on coming to Hanna's Wedding in Jan. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Love and Peace...Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Susan, and all the family,
We're over here in Kamloops for the weekend to visit Erin and Jeff. We all send you our love and best wishes for successful chemo therapy that you are beginning again.
I will keep this short as I don't know if it is going to go through. Lots of love, Judy, Patrick, Erin, and Jeff (and Sandy, Erin and Jeff's dog.)Erin says that Sandy always wants people to be happy!