Monday, May 12, 2008

Family Update

Thank you all for your prayers and support as we adjust to being a single parent family. There were tears on Mother's Day, but we celebrated with sweet memories of Susan and we attended church together. The younger girls made Susan cards and wrote poems at school for Mother's Day. We also joined up with the Shaw family for a BBQ and lots of fun and games. So that was a very nice way to spend the day.
Here are a couple of photos from the Bloomsday Run (7.5 miles) that we as a family ran for Susan. This is a run with 45,000 people. This has been a family event, with Susan running several years ago. Check out the backs of the shirts. We did our own stencil and had them painted up on the pink t-shirts. A lot of people asked about Susan, so we were able to share with them the specialness of our dear Susan.

Backside shot. "I'm Run'in for Susan"











Upcoming Events:
1. Family Camping Trip on Memorial Day weekend, Farrugut State Park
2. Jason graduates from Coeur d'Alene High on June 6th at 7:00pm
3. Leah graduates from E. Washington University on June 14th at 2:00pm
Prayer Requests:
1. Dealing with the schedule & responsibilities of being a single parent, balance
2. Summer jobs for Jason and Aaron
Praises:
1. Daily calmness within the family, everyone helping out.
2. Meals and house cleaning by loving, caring friends.
3. A deepening spiritual walk that each of the children have with our Lord. Each are dealing with the loss of their mother in different ways but they are looking to God for their strength and hope. That has been special to see. Aaron spoke on "Joy in our Trials" to 250 youth at church. He did an excellent job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You, Doug, for continuing to share with all of us your struggles, prayer requests, and praises. You are all in my thoughts daily. I wish I could have heard Aaron speak. He, as well as each of you, are being used by God in a special and mighty way!

Gwynne said...

Doug, I am so glad you are contnuing the blog as it helps all of us pray and praise with you. Our family will also be camping at Farragut on Memorial Day. I hope we can meet for at least one meal. When Randy and I went up there on Sunday to check out camp sites, our memeories of last year meeting up with you and Susan and the family were very bittersweet. I still pray for you and your family often and will continue. We will talk soon.
Randy and Gwynne Fleener

Anonymous said...

Hello Doug & kids,

I was so happy to see you decided to continue the blog. I love being able to get updates on you guys as you're often in my thoughts (wondering what you're doing and HOW you're doing). All of you are always in my prayers and I will be sure to include any new prayer requests any of you have. I would like to thank you for letting me "borrow" Kayla when we were home a couple of weeks ago. We had a wonderful time!! I told her I'd have her over again and so I'll call and get that arranged, actually, we want to have all of you over again so we'll get that worked out too. Now that we're home please call us if you ever need anything. Take care.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just found out you were going camping on memorial weekend. We just might be going camping to the same park. Maybe, just maybe. have a blast!!!!


The Cunningham Family