Friday, May 9, 2008

Continuing the Blog!

I have decided to continue putting updates in the blog on a regular basis. At first, I had thought that the purpose of the blog was complete since Susan's death, that it served it's purpose and the journey was complete. But to many that obviously continue to visit the blog, who pray and wonder about how we are doing, well, the journey continues. As the header paragraph says, our challenge is to live a daily life for Jesus. And it must be daily. It is not easy but when we TRUST and OBEY God's word on a daily basis, we receive new mercies, new strength and a new song. "The LORD is our STRENGTH, our SONG, and our SALVATION" Exodus 15:2

Be praying for the children, especially this weekend, as we celebrate Mother's Day. Susan is still the children's wonderful mother and always will be. To celebrate Mother's Day is to honor the special person Susan is and will ever be in our hearts. She is truly missed but God in His infinite existence, continues to embrace us and fill us with hope and a peace. The very creator of the vast universe, loves us, loves you and cares for all. We just need to embrace that and abide in Him.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Doug, I for one love to visit this blog and see Susan smiling. I will pray for your family this weekend. Mothers Day is bittersweet for me now that my mother is with Jesus. You are all in my prayers, Jeri Good

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Doug, for keeping Susan's site going. She is a joy to remember! Walked and jogged Bloomsday with a pink ribbon for Susan...right away someone asked who it represented? I shared simply of Susan's great love for Jesus and her family throughout 7 years of breast cancer, and this gal shared of her own journey as well.I encouraged her to check out Susan's site, and I applaud your willingness to continue it, as I feel it is such a light for the Lord. We will be remembering you all to the Lord, as you celebrate Susan on Sunday. Dana D.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Doug. I like to look at this blog to see Susan's face, she continues to encourage me daily. I'm also glad you put a link to our favorite devotionals! She and I would often find comfort knowing we were on the same page, literally. Thanks and God bless you all.
Stephanie Keaty

Anonymous said...

We will be in constant prayer for you and for your family!
Love in Christ,
The Adneys

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are continuing the blog. We are so far away and want to continue to pray for you and the kids and this is a wonderful way to help us know how to pray. Love you all and PRAISE GOD Nathan is home.

Anonymous said...

The post above was me, just wanted to let you know.
Debby Coleman and family

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Dad for keeping it up. I checked it every day and will continue as I am away from the family. I will see you this weekend. I love you dad! Leah

Anonymous said...

Thanks Doug, we like to keep up with you and your family and how well you are doing. Your family is so strong and a wonderful inspiration.

Rick and Tami Folkerts

Anonymous said...

Bless your wonderful family, Doug. You've always set a wonderful example for all.
Love, Norm and Maggie Rantz and boys