Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our Dog Dawson Passed Away

Yesterday, Dawson, our faithful black lab of over 10 years, passed away. He had been dealing with arthritis and had some lumps around his stomach area for several years now. But up until Tuesday he seemed to be doing OK. Then on Wednesday morning, he just was not able to stand up and move around. His breathing was erratic too. We all said our good byes that morning and then he died within an hour after. Susan absolutely loved Dawson. He was such a faithful companion to her. I have included a picture of Susan and Dawson. This was the night that Susan was checked into the Cancer Ward at the hospital. We snuck Dawson into the hospital just to see Susan. They both were very excited to see each other, as you can see on Susan's face.


I will upload some more pictures of Dawson when I get home tonight. This morning was not the same around the house without Dawson. We will miss him.

2 comments:

MooseTrax said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of Dawson!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about Dawson. I will miss him myself when I visit. It is uncanny but my cat died the same day. I was surprised how much it effected me. Love, Johnny