Saturday, May 1, 2010

"Be kind to one another"

"And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

Greetings family, friends and anyone else that happens along this blog site. Grace and peace to you! I was reading in Ephesians during my quiet time and this verse really spoke to me. I often times forget how God treats us is unconditional, no strings attached, no preconditions and He loves us no matter what. The Bible is very clear on His love for us, it "extends to the heavens"(Psalm 36:5). And we are called to "be Holy, for I am Holy" 1 Peter 1:16. So let us be kind and love one another, forgiving just as we are forgiven. Hope all is well with you.
We have had a busy month. First off, Sarah's car was totaled but thanks to insurance, she recovered the value of the car. And she has bought a Honda Accord. She had no injuries from the deer encounter. I am very thankful for that. And Laura's headaches have gotten better. She gets them on occasion and it is not associated with reading. Some think that it could be her age and the hormone changes that she is going through. Still pray for Laura.
Updates:
1) Jason has been running and has now signed up for the Coeur d'Alene marathon on Memorial Day weekend. This is very exciting because Jason has never been a runner. He has always liked soccer which involves a lot of running. But this is a stretch for him. But he is doing well. Sarah, Leah and I are planning the 1/2 marathon on the weekend as well. Should be a fun family event.
Jason and I did our kick off run for the season, the Spring Dash. Here is a picture of Jason and I before the race. Also, Michelle and her cousin Lydia ran.

2) At Susan's gravesite, we had a special time together. Again this year we wrote love notes to dear Susan and released them attached to Helium balloons. We had fun watching the different balloons go each different ways and trying to keep them in eye sight as they got higher and higher. Hannah and Kitty (Jake's mom) painted up some very special rocks to put around the grave marker. They both did such a great job making each rock for a member of the family with their name on it with a special artistic flavor on each. Thanks Hannah and Kitty for making it really special.


3) Being a Grandpa has been very exciting. Luke is changing so fast. I have been getting some one on one time with Luke and that has been special. I get to watch him this Thursday night in fact. Luke is now just over 4 months old. I am so proud of Nathan and Michelle. They are doing such a super job with Luke. They are really getting into parenting. Nathan dropped by on Saturday. Here is a picture of the two. Handsome guys aren't they.
4) Yesterday, Hannah, Jake and I did the famous Bloomsday run in Spokane. 50,000 people participate in Bloomsday. 7.5 mile course through scenic parts of a Spokane. Jake did real well. This is a first time running event for Jake and he finished! Proud of him and Hannah. We all had a great time. Weather was very beautiful in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad I love how you keep this up dated!!!! I love reading it and seeing what God has put on your heart to write. I know keeping this blog site up is what mom wants!!!! Love you Dad, Leah

Anonymous said...

Hi, Doug and all,
Yes, I agree with Leah, it is nice to be able to see photos and news about your family.
Doug, I hope you have a great birthday celebration this weekend!
All the best on the marathons that you are running.
Take good care, everyone...
Love, Judy and Patrick