Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finished the Marathon!!!!

We had a great time doing our marathon (some may think how that could be possible). But for me, how precious was running with my son, daughter and my nephew. Priceless!!! It was rather warm (78 degrees) but the start was around 48 degrees and that felt pretty good. Nathan came in at around 3:47, Christian and I came in together at around 3:58 and Leah came in at around 4:07. It was Christian's and Leah's first marathon, so I was really proud of them for doing so well. This picture was taken along with Laurel, after she finished the half marathon. A great job for Laurel also. We were all protected from injury. Several people had collapsed during and after the race, so there were casualties. And then we hurried home to watch the Arizona Cardinals win their division to make it to the Super Bowl. So it was really an exciting day in Phoenix. The weather has been wonderful. It will be hard to come back to the snow and cold.
Here is a picture of Leah and I before the race. Christian arranged for us to join his running club in a heated building before the race. There were all kinds of things to eat, drink and our own porta potties, which was very important.
Here is a picture of us three right after the race.
This is a picture of us on a hike. This was the first day in AZ. I was still in my jeans. I've been in shorts ever since.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats all runners! That's terrific!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Way to go on the marathon! It sounds like you had a good time in Arizona. Did you have a chance to visit with Susan's parents? Please extend a hello to them for me.

As I was looking over my last year's agenda I recalled all the excitement around Hannah and Jake's wedding. It was a great time for everyone, and wonderful that Susan was there to enjoy it all. I'd like to send birthday wishes, too, to Kayla and Laura.

Love from Judy and Patrick