Monday, June 24, 2013

Introducing my new Grandson - Cameron John Hoy

Hi everyone!! Thanks for always checking in on the ever expanding Vetsch Family. On June 1st, 2013,  Cameron John Hoy was born and weighed in at 9 lbs 2 oz, 21.5 inches long. I am so thankful for a pretty easy delivery for Hannah. Hannah and Cameron are doing just fine. And Jake is a proud papa!! Here are some pics of the happy family. Now Jake and Hannah have Lincoln who will turn two years old on June 30th and Cameron. Two June babies.

HANNAH and CAMERON right after delivery! Hannah you look great for just having a baby..

JAKE and HANNAH right before delivery. Lots of smiles!!! Can't wait to hold CAMERON.

Baby CAMERON just days old with a knitted football hat made by HANNAH.

CAMERON being held by older brother LINCOLN. 

CAMERON taking a nap with no cares in the world. He looks a lot like Jake!!

3 comments:

Dana Drechsel said...

Hi, Doug and fam!
Thought of you all in April and at the time of spring Dash and Bloomsday and of course, Iron Man :) Did your guys do the IM again this June? I had to skip out on SD and Bloomsday as I ended up with emergency bilateral retinal tear repair. Getting old can be really tough! Congrats on those handsome grandsons, all 4 of them! we are now up to 2 ourselves---grand-parenting is great, isn't it?:) Will drop some HM bread/jam by your freezer this week--big 'hello' to Sarah and the girls!

Anne Wilcox said...

Dana Drechsel sent me your blog. I see she has commented here. Gary and Dana have often spoken of you over the 2 years since I moved to Spokane to teach at Whitworth University. Thanks for the encouragement from reading about your family. Gary Drechsel’s sister, who died of cancer in 1996, was my best friend. I walked with her through her bone marrow transplant in Seattle. What a privilege it was to be with her through all of that. Since then, many losses have entered my own life—loss of a husband (not through death but through betrayal and renouncing his faith), death of a sister, death a child, and more. Therefore, what a joy to see this new little one. I think the losses make us more in tune with the wonder of each joy. Hope someday we can meet.
Anne Wilcox
(I sent a short e-mail off into cyberspace—not sure where it went, so am writing my gratitude here to be sure you receive it.)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jake and Hannah, on the birth of your precious son, Cameron. I think of all of you often and am so glad your dad keeps us all posted on the events of the Vetsch family. Enjoy!

Love, Jean