Sunday, September 2, 2012

"Teach me to do Thy will....."

"Teach me to do Thy will, For Thou art my God; Let Thy good Spirit lead me on level ground." Psalm 143:10

This has been a good verse for me of late. I never thought that His Will had to be taught to me. But I am believing that it does. What God wants for my life is not dropped into my lap, handed to me on a piece of paper from the church bulletin or even shown to me in a dream.... The Spirit inside me, teaches me through my comings and goings, through my relationships, through my children.... what His perfect will for my life is.  I must abide in HIM.

I have been reading "WHEN I RELAX, I FEEL GUILTY" by Tim Hansel. Tim also wrote 'YOU GOTTA KEEP DANCIN" which just happens to be one of Susan's most favorite books. The Dancin' book's theme is In the midst of life's hurts, you can choose JOY!!!   Susan did just that.......

So my new book on relaxing is good. It starts out with this:


Go outside and look around,

See what you can see.
If you are unable to see anything beautiful,
anything that brings you peace,
a deep sense of joy and God's presence,
anything that delights you
with the magic of color and aliveness....
If you are not reminded that today is special,
a unique, once-in-a-lifetime gift from the Creator...
Then you need to spend more time outside,
and you need to read this book.

Basically, you have to 'stop and smell the roses along the way'. Action words but not busy words. We live in a hustle bustle busy crazy world. And God wants us to enjoy Him and His creation. So the book is good and an easy read......

SO, this summer, which has gone by too fast, has been a full summer. To wrap up with the IRONMAN focus, Nathan and Jason did AWESOME!! I am sooo proud of them for working through such a grueling training schedule, keeping their focus amongst their busy schedules and for FINISHING as an IRONMAN. Inspiring to say the least..... Nathan came in second place overall of the people in Coeur d'Alene. He finished in 11 hours and 45 seconds. Jason finished at about 12 hours and 47 minutes. We all had our TEAM VETSCH shirts on and were the cheerleaders for these guys along the way. We had a lot of fun. Here is a link to a local TV coverage of the IRONMAN and features US, TEAM VETSCH. Watch it...   TEAM VETSCH TV COVERAGE

In early July, we headed over to the Vetsch Family Reunion at a church camp near Chico Hot Springs just outside of Yellowstone Park. What a great weekend of family activities. I had aunts and cousins from Minnesota, cousins from Seattle, cousins from Billings, too many to list. My sister Jane was the main planner for the reunion. We plan on having a reunion every three years like we have had now for the past six years. Here are some of the pictures from that time.
The main lodge where we ate, played games, mingled.
The overall group of about 55 people

The Harn family from Seattle area

My cousins from Minnesota and my sister Kathy on right.



I will post more pictures and continue this blog entry. Its time to go to church.....

No comments: