Saturday, February 4, 2012

Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart....

Hi Dear Friends and Followers,

Well my grandson's are now off at college. Luke is going to med school and Lincoln is going to engineering school. Ah, ah but not really!!!! BUT, it does seem like centuries ago since I last updated the blog and communicated with you. Don't worry, everything is great, we are all doing well, by God's GRACE. We are TRUSTING in the Lord as we ALL are on our journey that God has us on. This verse is a fav of mine because it does describe our dependency on God as we navigate through this life here on earth. It tells us to NOT do it ourselves but LEAN on HIM.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

I recently read a poem that fits in here very nicely. Amazing how God works sometimes in our QUIET times. Not sure who the author is of this, but it really spoke to me.... its about prayer.

"I asked for strength

and 
God gave me difficulties to make me strong.



I asked for wisdom

and 
God gave me problems to solve.



I asked for prosperity

and 
God gave me brawn and brain to work.



I asked for courage

and 
God gave me dangers to overcome.



I asked for love

and 
God gave me troubled people to help...



My prayers were answered."

God gives us what we need, not always obvious at the moment, but later on you see His hands in the midst of it all. We don't always know WHY God does things the way He does, but in the end we have a stronger faith. This past September 16, 2011, Nathan and Michelle's baby in the womb went on to be with her Creator in heaven. MADELYN GRACE VETSCH was in her 7th month of life in the womb when God called her home. She had been diagnosed with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) earlier in the pregnancy. Here is a link if you want to read more about it. HLHS Basically, the left ventricle is underdeveloped and has to work harder to pump oxygen enriched blood back to the body. This syndrome is correctable after birth with surgery. And that was our hope. But Madelyn's heart gave out in the womb. She now is back home in heaven with Jesus, Grandma Susan and Auntie Elizabeth (and a whole lot of other relatives, friends). Nathan and Michelle are healing through this all and can still use your prayers. Here is a picture tribute to Nathan, Michelle, Luke and Maddy:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so moving and beautiful. They are all in my prayers. Love,
Erin.

Anonymous said...

Nathan and Michelle, Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of Madelyn Grace and the precious time you spent with her. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jean

Vivian Thiele said...

what a beautiful memorial for Madelyn Grace. Thoughts and prayers for all of you.