Friday, July 10, 2009

HOW GREAT THOU ART!!

"Bless the Lord, O my soul! O Lord my God, Thou art very great; Thou art clothed with splendor and majesty" Psalm 104:1

"Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed"
(first verse of this beautiful hymm)

Just the other night we had an incredible thunder storm. It made me think of this wonderful hymm "How Great Thou Art". His power was displayed in that storm the other night and also in the peacefulness of these quite, summer mornings... He has His hand in it all. Amen. This past week, His Faithfulness was displayed in a significant event. Hannah graduated from Nursing School!!!!! Hannah wrote down a thankyou and some thoughts that follow:

Hello Friends and Family, What a long road this past year has been for me. I have overcome more than I thought I could and have finished. Thank you most importantly to Jesus Christ, my Savior, for the miracles He orchestrated for me to be here today. He has blessed me with more then I could ask for and has given me the ability and opportunity to become a nurse. I want to thank the most important person in my life, my husband Jake. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and encouraging me. I love you! To my family- Dad, Nathan, Michelle, Leah, Sarah, Jason, Aaron, Mary, Laura and Kayla…Thank you! I am so blessed to have each one of you in my life. Sarah thank you for your text messages before and after test and your eagerness to see how each exam went. Dad thank you for being my prayer warrior and for keeping everyone updated through the blog and Leah thank you for the financial resources to finish my last semester. And to the Hoy’s, I am so grateful to have such a large new family. Each one of you has gotten me here today. To my extended family out there (my dear relatives, family, friends), thank you for all your prayers, texts, phone calls and love. I love you all! I honestly wouldn’t have made it through the program without the love and support of all my friends. To everyone who prayed weekly for me, for the endless cards and emails, and the phone calls to see how my last test went, thank you so much. In loving memory of my mom, who inspired me to become a nurse. She motivated me to achieve my dreams and I want to dedicate this to her.

The bible verse that has spoken to me the most is Deuteronomy 31:6: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, for the Lord your God will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you."


I am so proud of Hannah.

Here is a video of Hannah at her Pinning Ceremony at North Idaho College of Nursing.




Hannah with good friends, Anneliese and Lindsey!!

Hannah with good friend and nursemate, Bridget.
The Family around the Grad!


On the homefront, Dawson our lab, getting a bath after a close encounter with a SKUNK! WHEW. Also, Laura and Mary get back from summer camp this morning. I am sure they had a great time. We missed them very much. I will include a picture of their return. Also my Aunt Greta and husband Harold arrived last night for a couple of days. They are from Minnesota, ya! Good to see them. Greta is my dad's sister. More later. Have a God Blessed day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sincere congratulations, Hannah, on your recent graduation from your LPN course! Praying God will bless you, and bless those you minister to. the Drechsels

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the completion of your nursing, Hannah!!! What an accomplishment! Nursing allows for so many incredible experiences and learning opportunities, not to mention the privilege of being with people during times of their greatest vulnerability. I know so many people will love having you as their nurse and you in turn will get to learn so many wonderful things from them. Congratulations again! Hi to everyone.
Erin

Robert said...

Enjoyed your blog Doug, and the touching tribute to Susan. And thanks for posting a stanza of the wonderful hymn How Great Thou Art. Today is the 110th anniversary of the birth of Stuart Hine, who translated the hymn from the original Swedish into English. (Maybe that's more than you ever wanted to know :-) but hymn history is my thing. To learn about hymn-related events on any given day, you can check out my blog. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Doug, and all the family,

Congratulations to you Hannah, on completing your nursing program! Your Mom, and also Grandma Angie, are so proud of you, I know. It's great to have several nurses in the family - Erin will be joining you next year when she finishes her program.
Enjoy the rest of the summer, everyone.
Love, Judy and Patrick

GFB and Family said...

Doug, It has been so busy over the last several months, that I have not had time to catch up on your wonderful updates. Congratulations to your daughters on their achievements. We are continually praying for you and the children, for your faithful perserverence and witness of Christ's Love, Joy, Peace, and Strength! Praise the Lord!